Development Strand Test
After you have successfully completed your sensitivity test, we strongly advise you to also perform a development strand test before applying Directions.
It's important to carry out a Skin Sensitivity Patch Test prior to applying Directions on the hair. Although we pride our brand on its lack of hair damaging nasties, it's still better to be safe than sorry.
This test will help you to determine if the development achieved is satisfactory and also what your individual development time is.
Let Diablo Rose show you how, with these simple steps of a real application on a small hidden section of hair.
- Wash and rinse the section with a PH balanced shampoo & towel dry.
- Cover the strands in your chosen Directions colour (a teaspoon amount should do it). Development usually happens within 15-30 minutes, but we'd advise you to use a timing device to keep checking at what time you're personally happy with the development and make a note of it.
- Rinse and dry as usual.
- If your strand test is successful and you're happy with the colour achieved then you're good to go ahead with the full application. (as shown in video).
- Wear protective gloves when applying and washing out Directions.
- Apply petroleum jelly or baby oil around the hair line and ears to avoid staining of the skin.