Shampoo the hair with a pH acid balanced shampoo, we recommend La Riché Pre Colour Shampoo, this will give the hair the correct acid balance, allowing Directions hair colour to achieve the best results.
Comb Directions into the hair until it emulsifies, i.e becomes frothy, the pigments will have penetrated in to the hair, lighter shades may require a little more combing.
Processing time is between 15 and 30 minutes, a plastic cap will contain the heat on the hair helping to achieve a better result.
Rinse the hair thoroughly away from the face with warm water until all the residue dye has been removed.
All directions colours can be mixed with each other so to create your own unique shade.
Directions will take faster and last longer on chemically treated hair e.g permed or bleached.
If more than one colour is applied the hair must be washed and dried separately, greater care must be taken when partially colouring lighter hair.
La Riché products are not tested on animals.
Do's & Don'ts
- Do wear rubber or plastic gloves when applying the hair colour.
- Do use vaseline, petroleum jelly or baby oil around the hairline to avoid staining of the forehead.
- As with all hair colours, we advise a swatch test first.
- Do not mix Directions with peroxide.
- Do not use on eyelashes.
- Do not use shampoo with conditioner included.
- Due to the semi permanent nature of Directions certain colours can sometimes leave a slight stain on materials and surfaces.
- Shades may vary at manufacturers discretion.